Are you a new blogger like me? Have you been posting away without any kind of increase in page views or subscribers? I have been diligently studying what makes a blog successful and brings in the followers and money from advertising. Here are some great tips and resources for getting your blog noticed.
- Blog about things people want to read about. Celebrity news, human interest pieces, funny stories, tips to make life easier…… People don’t want to read about the same thing over and over. Mix it up a little with your content. Just because you have a niche blog doesn’t mean you have to always write about that topic. Throw them a curveball every now and then. You will attract followers that have never heard of you.
- Use Social Media. Every time you post on your blog, make sure you post links to your Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, etc. Not only should you be sharing every time you post, but also make sure you are posting daily, whether it is a funny picture, a relevant topic for your blog, or share other website articles that your readers would be interested in.
- Join blogger groups. There is power in numbers. The more people you have sharing and posting links to your blog, the more your following grows. The circle gets bigger and bigger every time you join a blog party or group.
- Use Media in your posts. There are tons of free photo website you can use to grab great pictures to include in your posts. No one wants to read black and white blog posts. Add color and headings and informational graphics. Include links to help your reader find more information.
- Create lists. Do you blog about fashion? Create a list of the hot trends for the upcoming season with links to other websites or merchants to purchase those items. Blog about baking? Create a list of your most popular cupcake recipes with links and photos. Everyone loves a good list.
- Do guest posts on other blogs. Find a blogger that has lots of followers. Contact them about doing a guest post on their blog with a link back to yours. Make the content good and they will want to use it. Every blogger wants good posts, and having one handed to you is icing on the cake. You are using them to get followers, they are using you to get content. win-win!
- Host a Giveaway! Everyone loves free stuff. You have a free e-book about your topic? Give it away for a week and post everywhere about the free item and how amazing it is. Find a sponsor to give away a product that is relevant to your niche. Post about it on all social media and share on their sponsor pages as well.
- Do a controversial post. This isn’t for everyone. If you don’t like heat, don’t start a fire. But, if you have a topic that you are passionate about that you can backup with cold hard facts, go for it! People love to argue and you will gain some new readers, however some may not come back if they disagree with you. Keep that in mind.
I hope this helps you increase your blog traffic. I hope to implement some of these items in this blog to gain more readers and I encourage you to keep blogging. Persistence is key!
More resources for new bloggers: